Lovely Luxembourg

by sherrod on November 17, 2010

I adore this great home featured in the NYT today. Unfortunately I don’t have the $5.3 million USD asking price, but I could potentially move to Luxembourg. How long would it take my dog to get a visa? She loves European food, so I’m sure she’d like it there. Normally I don’t like posting homes that are for sale, as I find them overly generic when it comes to interiors. Home stagers and real estate agents love to make a home look dull and unlived in, in order to make it more appealing to buyers. Homes showcasing decor usually are the opposite, with owners taking pride in showing their personality throughout the home. This house gets an exception though, as it is quite lovely despite being offered for sale. I really like it!

Lovely Luxembourg

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Elizabeth November 17, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I love the big panels (paintings? wrapped fabric) on the wall of the pool room. People often don’t bother decorating areas like that, aside from the occasional potted fern or something.

I also love that striped wall, but I couldn’t tell you what that furniture is. It looks like you might be able to swing the front piece of it out to create a long bench. Whatever it is, it’s almost certainly one of those things that looks like a good idea but just isn’t comfortable no matter what you do. Hope it’s not built in, because it’s the first thing coming out.

Christopher November 17, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I like that the decor is minimal but everything in there looks insanely expensive. The elevator and pool area are especially swank. The striped wall couch thingy is definitely modular. It’s at least separated in the middle there but it seems like that disconnecting piece would be too small to lay on. Maybe it’s connected in the middle and a whole bed pulls out from the wall! That would be ridic and seems possible from the look of it.

lambchops November 17, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I would kill to have a large open window/door that goes to the outside. Add an indoor pool for extra awesomeness!

Jessica B November 17, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I love the moden feel mixed in with some older European looking pieces like the mirror. Very stylish.

claudia November 21, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I love the symmetry in the third photo. It’s such a lovely way to connect the inside with the garden. Gardens are about my favorite thing, which is why the backyard photo was a bit depressing for me. I’ll never understand the Western obsession with wide spaces of cut grass. The only thing that is saving it from the cut grass is the reflective pool that copies the trees in the third photograph’s view.

MsChaos November 30, 2010 at 11:21 am

I think that piece in the 4th photo is some sort of new fangled sectional. it looks like the front part of that piece can be separated from the back part to create a bench for extra seating.

tho with a house that size I am not sure one needs extra seating, but who knows, right?

any way, those are my thoughts.

The house is gorgeous and I love the fact that you can cross the entire country easily in a day on a bicycle at a fairly mellow pace

sherrod November 30, 2010 at 11:25 am

Of course you would mention biking! I just wish these pictures were taken in the spring or summer instead of a dreary fall day.